I write on themes of education, mobility and sustainability. Here is a selection of my published work, including magazine articles, news stories and interviews. To contact me about your writing or editing requirements, please use the contact form.
- The green peril - Authorised aggression at traffic lights and how Poynton tamed its traffic. A report about a shared space street design in the North West of England. Published by Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign. Continue reading
- Outside eye: Manchester’s cycling culture - This short series of articles provides a fresh view of cycling in Manchester. Each article is an interview with with a cyclist from another country. The series was published by Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign. Continue reading
- Cycle cafe pops up to fill a gap in the market - The news that the UK is officially in another recession confirms that times are hard for businesses and workers. One social entrepreneur has found a way to use vacant trading space as cycle parking for commuters. Published by The Guardian. Continue reading
- My year at CTC - During 2011, I took a job with cyclists’ organisation CTC as their Interim Communications Officer, covering the press officer's maternity leave. When Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign asked me for a review of my year, this is what I wrote. Continue reading
- Why did people end up torching cars… and where do we go from here? - A feature about the youth riots in August 2011. Commissioned by the youth development organisation Bike Club and containing case studies from their programme. Continue reading
- I may be gone some time - An interview with a Manchester man who cycled around the world, published by Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign in its magazine, Pothole. Continue reading