The following English language teaching services are available by the hour:
- English for academic purposes – prepare for university study
- Business English – learn the language of work
- Advanced level tuition
- Intermediate level tuition
Hourly tuition is available in Bury, Whitefield, Prestwich, Cheatham Hill, Manchester, Old Trafford and Chorlton. For other areas, please contact me.
Why choose me as your teacher?
I am a native English speaker, a university graduate, a professional writer and a qualified English teacher with experience of language analysis, student-centred schemes of work and individual learning plans.
Features and benefits
- negotiated curriculum – you decide what you learn
- interest-based themes – you choose topics that interest you
- covering productive and receptive skills – improve your speaking, writing, listening, and reading
- up-to-date methods informed by pedagogical research – so you make rapid progress
- first class degree from a UK university
- postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE)
- Trinity certificate in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL)
I have extensive experience of one-to-one tuition and class teaching, with students from a wide variety of language backgrounds including Arabic, French, Japanese, Spanish, Swahili, Tamil, Urdu and Vietnamese. I have taught in further education colleges, universities, schools and non-educational settings.
I have taught English language to university classes, PhD students, refugees and mixed ability muslim women’s groups.
“Very kind and flexible in his manner, Alex has been pro-active and has sensitively met different needs.”
Sue Arnall, Eagles Wing